CCTV DRAINAGE Survey
> CCTV Drainage Survey
As drains are hidden away under the ground, it’s virtually impossible to spot any problems from the surface. So if you want to maintain and prolong the condition of your drains, the starting point is a CCTV drainage survey.
What is a CCTV drainage survey?
In the past, engineers had to dig up the ground or enter pipes to check their condition. Today with CCTV drain survey technology, there is minimal disruption to the drainage system. A wheel-mounted camera unit is lowered into the drains and it sends back high-definition images to a monitor. Using these images, our engineers can check what’s happening in drains and identify any issues. Most importantly, they will be able to make recommendations such as high power water jetting to remove a blockage or pipe relining to repair any cracks identified in the drains.
What will a drainage survey uncover?
Basically a CCTV survey provides you with an extensive indepth review of your drainage system. This may identify both minor and major issues including:
- Collapsed drains
- Blockages in drains eg a fatberg
- Displaced joints
- Tree root ingression
- Rodent infestations
- Wear and tear
- Scale build-up
- Signs of poor installation or displacement
What are the benefits of a CCTV drainage survey?
CCTV drainage surveys are a quick, accurate and cost-effective way to check what’s happening in your drains. By identifying problems at an early stage, repairs can be made before the problem becomes a bigger and more costly problem.
When should you get a drainage survey?
- When you suspect there is a blockage in your drains eg a flooding washing machine, foul smells
- When you are buying a new home, it is really important to carry out a drain survey to make sure that you don’t encounter expensive drainage issues in the future. By carrying out a quick drain survey, you will have peace of mind that all is well with the drains before you move in.
- When you are renting out properties, it is the landlord’s responsibility to make sure that drains, waste pipes and sewers are in good condition. Regular CCTV drain surveys will provide a record of any damage caused by tenants.
- When you are building an extension, the planning authorities my request a CCTV drainage survey of the drains within 3m of the extension, both before and after building work has been carried out.
How can D&J Drain Services help?
With our experienced engineers and state-of-the-art technology, our CCTV surveys are very detailed. Once we have completed a survey, we will send you a copy of the images and a technical report explaining the condition of the drains.